Monday 6 June 2011

Kelsey's Trail Mix


When I was staying with Kelsey last month she introduced me to her tail mix and I've been hooked ever since. I'm sure I'm going through that stuff at a speed that is slightly unhealthy but if, like me, you really can't make it through the day on 3 meals and you can't face eating more than one protein bar a day, then this mix might make you as happy as it makes me.
Unlike with a lot of bought stuff there's no sugar high, and you can control what you put in. Thinking of it, my dad would be proud of me for making my own trail mix...this is a scary thought...next thing I'll start mixing my own Müesli for breakfast.
Anyhow, let's make some trail mix!

Kelsey's Trail Mix
1 cup Pecans
1 cup Roasted Almonds (if you can find lightly salted ones go for those, I couldn't so I added 1/4 tsp fleur de sel to my final mix)
1 cup Cashews
1 cup Dried Cranberries (try to get unsweetened ones)
1 cup Dried Blueberries (same here)
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate, chopped into little pieces, or Cocoa Nibs

Mix all the ingredients in an airtight container and stop yourself from eating the whole thing in one go. I tend to have to physically remove myself from the container or I won't stop eating this stuff. Oh, and it's really nice sprinkled over some yoghurt as well :)
I hope you have a good start of your week!

1 comment:

  1. Just saw that you posted this on your blog! Hope you're enjoying!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...